Job - F/T - Senior Pastor - Columbia Church of God - Columbia, PA - ERC
Columbia First Church of God
The Columbia Church of God, 43 N 7th St, Columbia PA Eastern Regional Conference, Churches of God, is trusting in God for a full-time and but may consider a part-time pastor. Our church is located in the Borough of Columbia, along the Susquehanna River, on the western edge of Lancaster County. Our congregation was first established in 1869 and currently has approximately 65 members. We also offer a parsonage next door to the bethel.
Our Mission Statement is for all to hear, understand, live and follow the word of God; to personally know His love and to become His hands and feet in the world today. Our moto is “Come as you are. Leave CHANGED”. We agree with the doctrines of the ERC and seek a pastor who is spiritually called by Christ. Any prospective candidate must be an individual who is, or is willing to be, either licensed or ordained, and approved for ministry within the Eastern Regional Conference of the Churches of God, General Conference.
We desire someone who loves GOD, enjoys preaching and teaching GOD’s uncompromising WORD with passion and has a genuine calling to shepherd his flock.
Any candidate being considered for the position must be in complete agreement with the doctrinal stances of the Churches of God found in What We Believe and in agreement with our social stances found in Here We Stand. (This information is available on the Church of God General Conference website, https://cggc.org/about-us/who-we-are/) Additionally any prospective candidate include, if possible but not mandatory, a video of your preaching ministry.
If you believe you are called to serve at the Columbia Church of God, please send an email to Dave Anderson, ERC Placement Representative for the Commission on Credentialing & Placement, at . Please include a current resume, brief description of your calling to be a pastor, and your walk with the Lord. If you have any questions, please contact Dave at 717-808-2075.
Job - F/T - Senior Pastor - Shiremanstown First Church of God - Shiremanstown, PA - ERC
Shiremanstown First Church of God
The Shiremanstown First Church of God, 35 S. Locust St., Shiremanstown is accepting application for the position of full time Senior Pastor.
The church is located in the borough of Shiremanstown, Cubmberland County, Pennsylvania. Shiremanstown is part of the Harrisburg-Carlisle Metropolitan Statistical Area and is located in what is know as the "West Shore" which includes similar communities such as Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Lemoyne and New Cumberland.
The church is an established congregation, with two worship services having a combined attendance of 80 to 910 individuals. In addition to the senior pastor, the church has a full time Youth Minister, and a part time secretary and pianist.
The successful candidate needs to be able to teach and preach the Word of God accurately and with clarity, and have a strong and unwavering conviction of the major doctrines and theological teachings of the Bible.
The congregation is looking for someone who is:
- Relational and open to engage with the congregation.
- A strong leader who leads by example, helping us to take our faith into the community to share the love of Jesus and discover, develop and deploy disciples for Jesus.
The candidate seeking ministry here would need to be licensed or ordained and be approved for ministry by the Eastern Regional Conference of the Churches of God General Conference.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, a completed application, and the "characteristics survey" to Dave Williams at by September 30, 2022. Feel free to contact Dave Williams at 717-805-6027 if you have any questions. You can find the application and the characteristics survey at the buttons below.
Job - F/T - Director of Youth Ministries and Small Groups - Newburg First Church of God - Newburg, PA - ERC
The Newburg First Church of God is located in rural South-Central Pennsylvania just minutes from Shippensburg. We are seeking a qualified person for the full-time position of Director of Youth Ministry and Small Groups to lead our vibrant youth and children’s ministry. The primary responsibilities of this position will involve recruiting and training a team of volunteers, overseeing the coordination of the Christian education program and providing support for the various leaders of classes and groups, and participating in the development of small groups.
The ideal candidate will be a fully devoted follower of Jesus who possesses a strong knowledge of biblical truth. This will be a person of godly character and integrity who has a heart for Christian service both within and outside the church. We are looking for a man or woman with an energetic, outgoing personality who is flexible and able to adapt to change, with a strong connection to young people. This person will need to be able to organize, plan, and execute projects. He or she must be able to delegate responsibilities to team members. And we are looking for someone one who is tech savvy. If you have an interest or you need further information, please contact Pastor Jim Moss, Jr. at 717-439-1872 or email .
Job - F/T – P/T Pastor – Hopewell First Church of God
Hopewell First Church of God
Hopewell First Church of God in Tiffin, Ohio is looking for a well-qualified pastor to step into a senior pastor role! Hopewell CoG has a long history in its community, with deep roots and the potential for an expanding impact. With multiple colleges and high schools in the area, there is a tremendous opportunity for outreach, as well as a loving congregation to shepherd. Hopewell offers competitive pay, flexible hours, and the potential for a parsonage. Click the button below for a full job description.
Please submit resumes (or related questions) to ( ) or the Board Chairman, Lee Dewald ( )
Job - F/T Pastor - Mt. Carmel Church of God - Celina, OH - GLC
The Mt. Carmel Church of God is seeking a full-time Pastor.
Located at 2493 Carmel Rd., Celina, Ohio, Mt. Carmel is looking for a dedicated, full-time pastor who will focus on discipleship and mission. Click below to view our ad for more information.
If interested in becoming a part of our church family, please contact:
Dr. Earl Mills:
Job - F/T Associate Pastor – Indian Head Church of God - Indian Head, PA - ARC
Indian Head Church of God
The Indian Head Church of God is looking for an associate pastor to be a spiritual leader in the congregation and will work with the Senior Pastor to assist in carrying out the ministry of the church. The deadline for applications is October 1, 2022. Click below to view the full job description.
Please direct all inquiries to Pastor Fred Bauer:
Job - P/T Pastor –Red Hill Church of God, Newport, PA -ERC
Part-time Pastor (20-25 hours per week). The Red Hill Church of God in Newport, PA is a church that is 175-years-old. We are a small but strong and faithful congregation whose mission statement is to lead people into a personal relationship with God. Our congregation is looking for a practical and relevant Preacher/Teacher that God has chosen to lead us in Sunday Worship Service and Wednesday night Bible Study. The candidate must have a heart for evangelism and would be willing to participate in the Church’s outreach programs at our local Canal Day event and the Perry County Fair. The appropriate candidate would be willing to be licensed or ordained and approved for ministry by the Eastern Regional Conference of the Churches of God, General Conference.
Interested parties should contact:
Pastor George Jensen
Job - F/T Director/Pastor of Kids and Family Ministry - College First Church of God, Findlay, OH - GLC
College First Church of God of Findlay, OH is hiring its next Director/Pastor of Kids and Family Ministry.
The role of the Director of Kids and Family Ministry is to oversee the connection, mission, and discipleship strategy of kids (Birth through 5th Grade) and families at College First Church of God.
A full job description, as well as information on how to apply, can be found at: https://collegefirst.org/job-listings.
Questions can be sent to
College First Church of God
1100 North Main Street |
Findlay, OH 45839 419.422.7365 |
F/T Pastor of Discipleship – Hanover First Church of God, Hanover, PA -ERC
- A personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A lifestyle that reflects ongoing growth in Christ-likeness and the Fruit of the Spirit.
- Giftedness in evangelism.
- A genuine love for people and the ability to relate to individuals from all different life stages and walks of life.
- Commitment to ongoing development in the area of discipleship and evangelism.
- Develop a strategy for HFCOG’s Group Ministry to be the primary avenue for the assimilation and spiritual growth of new and current attendees. This strategy will include the continuous launch of new groups, as well as recruiting, training, and empowering group leaders so that they are personally growing and reproducing themselves in future leaders.
- Oversee the Next Steps Team which serves to help people take the next step in their relationship with God and assimilate into our church community. Steps include but are not limited to: Starting Point Class, Baptism, Groups, Partnership, Serving, and Giving.
- Ensure quality teaching at all spiritual growth courses (baptism class, foundations class, partnership class, starting point class, etc).
- Develop a strategy for implementing our vision of connecting people in our community to an authentic relationship with Jesus.
- Work with the communications director to market groups and creatively communicate stories of life-change and transformation.
- Assist with the preaching ministry of HFCOG as assigned by the Lead Pastor and other duties/responsibilities as may occasionally be assigned by the Lead Pastor or the Elders.
- A genuine love for God and others exhibited through an authentic, Christ-centered lifestyle.
- Must meet the New Testament expectations for the office of elder as laid out in Acts 14:23; I Tim 3:1-7, 5:17; Titus 1:4-9; I Peter 5:1-11.
- Must be in full agreement with the doctrine of the Churches of God, General Conference.
- Must be in full agreement with the mission and vision of HFCOG.
- Exhibit skills in leadership and team-building.
- Exhibit vision, passion, and execution in the development of discipleship ministry.
- A bachelor's degree in discipleship or a related ministry field is preferred. Seminary experience is a plus but not a requirement.
- If not currently credentialed by Churches of God General Conference, he/she must successfully pass a theological exam conducted by the Eastern Region Conference Churches of God Commission on Credentialing and Placement.
- Must complete all required clearances and background checks as required by HFCOG and the state of Pennsylvania.
To apply, please send a resume, your personal philosophy of discipleship ministry, at least 3 references and your statement of faith to
F/T Worship Director/Pastor – Hanover First Church of God (HFCOG) Hanover, PA -ERC
Hanover First Church of God (HFCOG) is seeking a full-time worship director. The worship director will be responsible for overseeing the worship ministries of HFCOG. The qualified candidate will have a heart for worship and a strong desire to help others engage with God through worship as well.
Cast and communicate a vision of corporate worship in all age categories – Children, Youth and Adults – to the congregation.
Assemble and lead a team/teams composed of those gifted in the area of worship ministry.
Schedule and provide leadership for weekly rehearsals.
Provide education/training for the worship team members to enhance the use of their gifts.
Willing to explore new ideas for corporate worship.
Oversee and/or develop the various Worship and Creative Arts teams (e.g. worship teams, drama teams, choirs, ensembles, etc.) and technical teams (sound, video, lighting, staging, etc.).
Establish standards for worship initiatives and oversee evaluation against those standards to identify progress in achieving the vision.
Oversee the development of the Sunday morning worship services in cooperation with the Lead Pastor and worship/tech teams.
Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
A skilled musician. (Play guitar or piano, lead vocalist, create new music arrangements, etc.)
Has an enthusiastic presence for creating and promoting a vibrant worship culture.
Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
A self-starter and able to work independently.
A team player with a positive attitude.
Ability to communicate, lead, and engage with the congregation from a stage setting; frequently leads corporate worship from the stage.
Ability to think theologically for choosing/arranging/writing music that accurately reflects the teachings of Scripture.
Ability to help the worship ministry team members grow in an authentic relationship with Christ.
An understanding of the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, ProPresenter, and video projection is preferred.
A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
Training/education in Worship Arts Ministry; preferably a four-year music/worship degree.
Demonstrated ability to play at least one musical instrument, and having a solo quality voice.
*To apply, please send the following to
Statement of Faith
Philosophy of worship ministry
2 personal and 1 professional reference
A video or link to a video of you leading worship
P/T - F/T Pastor – Boiling Springs Church of God, Decatur, IL – MRC
Job Opening Boiling Springs Church of God
Boiling Springs Church of God, Decatur, Illinois, is seeking a God-called, Christ-centered Pastor. The ideal candidate is someone who is approachable, compassionate, reliable, enthusiastic, positive, motivated and energetic. He or she must be able to lead by word and example, must communicate clearly and effectively, must be interested and involved in outreach, and must be excited to lead us and help us build upon our vision and mission. In addition, he or she must be able to deliver Bible-based messages that accurately convey Biblical truths. Please electronically send your current cover letter, resume, church membership, ministerial credentials, education, employment history and three references with contact information to . For answers to questions or for more information you may also call Pastor Travis at (260) 244-4042. The deadline for applications is September 1, 2021 or 90 days from date of posting, whichever is later. However, interviews may begin as applications are received. All packets will be considered in full confidence.
BOILING SPRINGS CHURCH OF GOD
The pastor shall serve as the chief under-shepherd and overseer of this local church, feeding, leading and nurturing the sheep. This person’s main responsibilities will be to communicate God’s Word, minister to spiritual needs and provide biblical leadership for the church.
ACCOUNTABLE TO God, Leadership Team
MINISTRY TARGET Congregation, Community
MINIMUM MATURITY LEVEL Stable, mature Christian
AREA OF GREATEST NEED Leader – Careful listener – Good communicator – Experienced in teaching and/or preaching – Trained and/or experienced in
counseling – Experienced in leading others to Christ – Able to keep confidences
BEST PERSONALITY TRAITS Expressive, caring, genuine, compassionate
PASSION FOR Christ, shepherding and equipping others for ministry, influencing the community for Christ, outreach
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENTS
- Anticipate 20-30 hours per week to start with potential to work into full time.
- Provide leadership and vision for the church. Direct plans for ministry and church growth based on the vision of the church.
- Motivate, equip and nurture the people of the church through example, preaching and teaching God’s Word and through spiritual counseling.
- Spend significant time in prayer and Bible study.
- Contact/visit hospitalized, shut-in or grieving church members and attendees.
- Officiate at weddings and funerals.
- Provide premarital counseling, counseling regarding salvation and spiritual issues and other counseling for church members and attendees as appropriate and as time permits.
- Perform ordinances such as Communion, baptism and feet washing.
- Oversee church discipline and manage conflict in the church in a Biblical manner. Seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
- Participate in evangelism efforts through preaching and giving invitations during worship services, revival or other special services, visitation and other outreach efforts.
P/T Youth Leader – Camp Hill Church of God, Camp Hill, PA – ERC
This position would involve approximately 8 to 10 hours a week mostly on Sunday mornings and evenings. It would also involve preparing lessons and activities for our youth between sixth and twelfth grades. It also may involve some driving of the church van. Please contact David DeHart with questions and to apply.
Missions Employment Opportunities
CGGC Global Reach Ministries continues to seek missionary candidates to fill a variety of requests from the field. For more information about these opportunities, please contact GR Director Ben Tobias ( or 419-424-1961).
Download Global Reach Application form.
Kenya (Embu area)
- Teacher/mentor to pastors and teachers. A person with economic development experience is desirable.
Bangladesh (Dhaka area)
- Professor to teach at College of Christian Theology Bangladesh. The CGGC is a founding partner in this institution. A doctoral degree is required (minimum 4 years commitment).