F/T Pastor of Discipleship – Hanover First Church of God, Hanover, PA -ERC
- A personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A lifestyle that reflects ongoing growth in Christ-likeness and the Fruit of the Spirit.
- Giftedness in evangelism.
- A genuine love for people and the ability to relate to individuals from all different life stages and walks of life.
- Commitment to ongoing development in the area of discipleship and evangelism.
- Develop a strategy for HFCOG’s Group Ministry to be the primary avenue for the assimilation and spiritual growth of new and current attendees. This strategy will include the continuous launch of new groups, as well as recruiting, training, and empowering group leaders so that they are personally growing and reproducing themselves in future leaders.
- Oversee the Next Steps Team which serves to help people take the next step in their relationship with God and assimilate into our church community. Steps include but are not limited to: Starting Point Class, Baptism, Groups, Partnership, Serving, and Giving.
- Ensure quality teaching at all spiritual growth courses (baptism class, foundations class, partnership class, starting point class, etc).
- Develop a strategy for implementing our vision of connecting people in our community to an authentic relationship with Jesus.
- Work with the communications director to market groups and creatively communicate stories of life-change and transformation.
- Assist with the preaching ministry of HFCOG as assigned by the Lead Pastor and other duties/responsibilities as may occasionally be assigned by the Lead Pastor or the Elders.
- A genuine love for God and others exhibited through an authentic, Christ-centered lifestyle.
- Must meet the New Testament expectations for the office of elder as laid out in Acts 14:23; I Tim 3:1-7, 5:17; Titus 1:4-9; I Peter 5:1-11.
- Must be in full agreement with the doctrine of the Churches of God, General Conference.
- Must be in full agreement with the mission and vision of HFCOG.
- Exhibit skills in leadership and team-building.
- Exhibit vision, passion, and execution in the development of discipleship ministry.
- A bachelor's degree in discipleship or a related ministry field is preferred. Seminary experience is a plus but not a requirement.
- If not currently credentialed by Churches of God General Conference, he/she must successfully pass a theological exam conducted by the Eastern Region Conference Churches of God Commission on Credentialing and Placement.
- Must complete all required clearances and background checks as required by HFCOG and the state of Pennsylvania.
To apply, please send a resume, your personal philosophy of discipleship ministry, at least 3 references and your statement of faith to
F/T Worship Director/Pastor – Hanover First Church of God (HFCOG) Hanover, PA -ERC
Hanover First Church of God (HFCOG) is seeking a full-time worship director. The worship director will be responsible for overseeing the worship ministries of HFCOG. The qualified candidate will have a heart for worship and a strong desire to help others engage with God through worship as well.
Cast and communicate a vision of corporate worship in all age categories – Children, Youth and Adults – to the congregation.
Assemble and lead a team/teams composed of those gifted in the area of worship ministry.
Schedule and provide leadership for weekly rehearsals.
Provide education/training for the worship team members to enhance the use of their gifts.
Willing to explore new ideas for corporate worship.
Oversee and/or develop the various Worship and Creative Arts teams (e.g. worship teams, drama teams, choirs, ensembles, etc.) and technical teams (sound, video, lighting, staging, etc.).
Establish standards for worship initiatives and oversee evaluation against those standards to identify progress in achieving the vision.
Oversee the development of the Sunday morning worship services in cooperation with the Lead Pastor and worship/tech teams.
Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
A skilled musician. (Play guitar or piano, lead vocalist, create new music arrangements, etc.)
Has an enthusiastic presence for creating and promoting a vibrant worship culture.
Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
A self-starter and able to work independently.
A team player with a positive attitude.
Ability to communicate, lead, and engage with the congregation from a stage setting; frequently leads corporate worship from the stage.
Ability to think theologically for choosing/arranging/writing music that accurately reflects the teachings of Scripture.
Ability to help the worship ministry team members grow in an authentic relationship with Christ.
An understanding of the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, ProPresenter, and video projection is preferred.
A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
Training/education in Worship Arts Ministry; preferably a four-year music/worship degree.
Demonstrated ability to play at least one musical instrument, and having a solo quality voice.
*To apply, please send the following to
Statement of Faith
Philosophy of worship ministry
2 personal and 1 professional reference
A video or link to a video of you leading worship
P/T - F/T Pastor – Boiling Springs Church of God, Decatur, IL – MRC
Job Opening Boiling Springs Church of God
Boiling Springs Church of God, Decatur, Illinois, is seeking a God-called, Christ-centered Pastor. The ideal candidate is someone who is approachable, compassionate, reliable, enthusiastic, positive, motivated and energetic. He or she must be able to lead by word and example, must communicate clearly and effectively, must be interested and involved in outreach, and must be excited to lead us and help us build upon our vision and mission. In addition, he or she must be able to deliver Bible-based messages that accurately convey Biblical truths. Please electronically send your current cover letter, resume, church membership, ministerial credentials, education, employment history and three references with contact information to . For answers to questions or for more information you may also call Pastor Travis at (260) 244-4042. The deadline for applications is September 1, 2021 or 90 days from date of posting, whichever is later. However, interviews may begin as applications are received. All packets will be considered in full confidence.
BOILING SPRINGS CHURCH OF GOD
The pastor shall serve as the chief under-shepherd and overseer of this local church, feeding, leading and nurturing the sheep. This person’s main responsibilities will be to communicate God’s Word, minister to spiritual needs and provide biblical leadership for the church.
ACCOUNTABLE TO God, Leadership Team
MINISTRY TARGET Congregation, Community
MINIMUM MATURITY LEVEL Stable, mature Christian
AREA OF GREATEST NEED Leader – Careful listener – Good communicator – Experienced in teaching and/or preaching – Trained and/or experienced in
counseling – Experienced in leading others to Christ – Able to keep confidences
BEST PERSONALITY TRAITS Expressive, caring, genuine, compassionate
PASSION FOR Christ, shepherding and equipping others for ministry, influencing the community for Christ, outreach
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENTS
- Anticipate 20-30 hours per week to start with potential to work into full time.
- Provide leadership and vision for the church. Direct plans for ministry and church growth based on the vision of the church.
- Motivate, equip and nurture the people of the church through example, preaching and teaching God’s Word and through spiritual counseling.
- Spend significant time in prayer and Bible study.
- Contact/visit hospitalized, shut-in or grieving church members and attendees.
- Officiate at weddings and funerals.
- Provide premarital counseling, counseling regarding salvation and spiritual issues and other counseling for church members and attendees as appropriate and as time permits.
- Perform ordinances such as Communion, baptism and feet washing.
- Oversee church discipline and manage conflict in the church in a Biblical manner. Seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
- Participate in evangelism efforts through preaching and giving invitations during worship services, revival or other special services, visitation and other outreach efforts.
P/T 8:15 Worship Leader – Grand Point Church (GPC), Chambersburg, PA -ERC
8:15 Worship Leader – Chambersburg Campus
Grand Point Church (GPC) in Chambersburg, PA, is seeking a part-time Worship Leader to lead its 8:15 a.m. worship service at the Chambersburg Campus. The candidate should be passionate about leading others as they take their next steps in their journey to find and follow Jesus!
Reporting directly to the Director of Worship Ministries, the 8:15 Worship Leader for GPC-Chambersburg will lead with an inspiring energy, who preserves, yet enhances, the 8:15 a.m. worship service atmosphere, and who helps to bring people into the presence of God. This role will be responsible for planning and coordinating a traditional-style service that is in keeping with the pastor’s messages and/or various observances by working with the Lead Pastor, staff, instrumentalists, and audio-visual team.
Grand Point Church is a growing church with two established campuses and another campus scheduled to launch in September. We have more than 20 full-time staff and over 770 volunteers serving in various ministry capacities guided by our four values: We value God’s truth more than our opinions; we value God’s people more than our programs; we value God’s plan more than our plans; and we value God’s mission more than our comfort.
The 8:15 Worship Leader for the Chambersburg Campus will be responsible for the following:
- Lead Worship for 8:15 Worship Service at the Chambersburg Campus: This role will be responsible for:
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating, and leading worship in the 8:15 a.m. worship service.
- Leading the congregation in singing a fair mix of hymns and new worship music.
- Providing guidance in the development and implementation of the highest quality worship possible by recruiting, developing, and scheduling the wide variety of vocal and instrumental talent in the church to assist in leading the worship services and/or as stand-alone worship service openings.
- Working directly with the orchestra for scheduling, orchestration, and rehearsals.
- Directing or recruiting a leader for an occasional worship choir.
- Collaborating with the pastor and/or staff in the selection of hymns and special music.
- Preparing the worship order by using Planning Center to share service details with pastor and other worship leaders, as well as and participants, in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the church staff, planning and implementing the music for special services, such as Christmas Eve, Worship Nights, Maundy Thursday, etc.
- Creating lyric slides of the hymns for ProPresenter each Sunday (unless otherwise designated to another staff member.)
- Working with current technical advisor/coordinator in ensuring that we have audio/video (ProPresenter) technicians for each service.
- Attending weekly meetings to evaluate and plan the worship services.
- Developing and administering any budgetary needs for the 8:15 service.
- Team Collaboration: Each member of the GPC staff will work as a team to accomplish the mission of Grand Point Church. This may include duties outside the normal realm of their position but are imperative to the fulfillment of our objectives as a whole.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant information directly to Tammy Bock, Executive Assistant, at: .
F/T – P/T Senior Pastor – Hopewell First Church of God, Tiffin, OH – GLC
Hopewell First Church of God in Tiffin, Ohio is looking for a well-qualified pastor to step into a senior pastor role! Hopewell CoG has a long history in its community, with deep roots and the potential for an expanding impact. With multiple colleges and high schools in the area, there is a tremendous opportunity for outreach, as well as a loving congregation to shepherd. Hopewell offers competitive pay, flexible hours, and the potential for a parsonage. Please submit resumes (or related questions) to the current Interim Pastor, Jacob Clagg ( ) or the Board Chairman, Lee Dewald ( ).
Full job description attached below.
The Senior Pastor is the chief elder/shepherd of the congregation appointed by the Great Lakes Conference of the Churches of God, General Conference for the supervision, administration, and direction of the work of the kingdom of God as it is expressed through the ministry of the Hopewell First Church of God.
The Senior Pastor is responsible to the Elders and the Church Board for the conduct of his/her ministry and will meet with the elders on a regular basis.
The position is employed by the congregation upon recommendation of the Pulpit Committee and the Church Board and in direct cooperation with the Pastoral Life council of the Great Lakes Conference. Employment is subject to receiving the appropriate approval and credentials by the Great Lakes Conference.
In general terms, the Senior Pastor is one of the spiritual leaders of the church and the chief director of its ministry. The Senior Pastor is responsible for several areas, and will work in conjunction with the church board and other staff to fulfill the following areas of ministry:
- Leadership and Vision:
- The Senior Pastor is responsible to help the congregation identify and communicate its mission and its vision for ministry.
- The Senior Pastor oversees the development of leadership within the church appropriate to fulfilling its mission and vision.
- The Senior pastor provides spiritual leadership to help the congregation conduct its ministry and its daily life in keeping with the Word of God.
- The Senior Pastor represents the congregation to the community and the larger church.
- Preaching and Teaching:
- The Senior Pastor, as the chief preacher of the church, will:
- Prepare and present a sermon for all worship services except those during vacation weeks, or when guest speakers deliver sermons, or other presentations are provided.
- Participate in limited preaching opportunities away from the church under the direction of the Elders, as called upon.
- The Senior Pastor has a primary role as teacher and equipper along with a responsibility to ensure that what is taught throughout the church is faithful to the Word of God. The Senior Pastor will:
- Teach in Sunday School as needed or when called upon to do so.
- Teach Bible study lessons as needed or when called to do so.
- Be responsible to provide special instruction in discipleship training such as new member classes and leadership training.
- The Senior Pastor is responsible to develop and direct the worship ministry of the church. The Senior Pastor will:
- Coordinate themes and plan worship services.
- Conduct worship services.
- Administer the ordinances and rites of the church.
- Oversee the preparation of worship materials and bulletins
- Make other preparations for worship services.
- The Senior Pastor will participate in community worship and ecumenical services as
- The Senior Pastor will perform weddings according to the guidelines of Scripture, the church, the United States governments, and laws. The Senior Pastor will:
- Counsel each couple before their marriage.
- Take charge of the rehearsal and wedding ceremony and see that all activities at the church are conducted in a manner that pleases God.
- Give priority in performing marriages to members and regular attenders of the church.
- Not conduct marriages outside the church without the approval the Elders as to determine the appropriateness of said setting or location.
- The Senior Pastor will conduct funerals and memorial services according to the guidelines of Scripture and of the church. The Senior Pastor will:
- Meet as soon as possible with the family of the deceased to offer prayer, comfort, and counsel.
- Assist the family making plans for funeral or memorial services.
- Conduct such services and provide follow-up care for post funeral needs.
- Pastoral Care:
- In conjunction with the, Elders and other Leaders, the Senior Pastor is responsible to see that proper encouragement, support and care is given to the church family. The Senior Pastor will:
- Lead and be involved in intercessory prayer.
- Provide counseling as called upon within the limits of time and expertise.
- As personally as possible, minister to people in crisis situations.
- Visit members and attenders as needed to offer encouragement and support.
- The Senior Pastor will take the lead in managing and working to resolve conflicts within the church. The Senior Pastor will:
- Work to facilitate peace and harmony among members, staff and others, particularly in conflicts that threaten the welfare of the church.
- Review with the Elders and/or Board any problems or concerns arising from conflicts and work with them in determining solutions.
- The Senior Pastor will work with the Elders, Team Leaders, and others to promote evangelistic outreach whenever possible. While the Senior pastor will oversee setting the evangelistic vision of the church and is encouraged to:
- Be personally involved in winning souls to Christ.
- Give invitations to accept Christ at worship services, small group meetings and other activities when appropriate.
- Help to plan and conduct special services and activities that emphasize evangelistic outreach.
- Give guidance to the promotion of church services and activities using
public media including but not limited to website, TV, radio, social media, etc.
- The Senior Pastor will support the making of disciples and training of others to win souls to Christ.
- The Senior Pastor will have general oversight of the church, acting as a catalyst for the future direction of the church and facilitator of existing ministries and programs. The Senior Pastor will:
- Be considered (by the very nature of the pastoral office) an ex-officio member of all church Ministry Teams, Committees and Boards.
- Have the privilege of forming advisory committees as this person deem necessary for the purpose of researching, brainstorming, etc. but with no legislative power.
- The Senior Pastor is responsible for the ongoing operations of the church. The Senior Pastor will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day functions of the church office.
- Keep appropriate records for the church.
- Be responsible for the operation of the church building.
- Hourly Expectations and Wages:
- Hourly expectation is flexible based upon the nature of the pastoral office (fulltime or parttime) and will be based upon the Senior Pastors vision, and depending upon extra work necessary due to pastoral duties, like weddings, funerals, visitations, etc.
- Wages will be discussed during the interview process. Compensation will be competitive but negotiable. Milage will be reimbursed. Likewise, hours and milage will be documented by the Senior Pastor in a spreadsheet and turned into the Church Treasurer weekly.
- A potential item for discussion during the interview process is the church parsonage.
Given the specific requirements of this position, it is expected that this person will exhibit the gifts of faith, leadership, exhortation, teaching, shepherding, and discernment.
Above all else, the Senior Pastor is a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and is His representative to the Church and to the world. It is expected that this person will exhibit a mature and outgoing faith in Jesus Christ. This person will be committed to evangelism and nurturing of disciples of Jesus Christ. This person will uphold and demonstrate the teachings of the Word of God as taught by the Churches of God General Conference.
P/T Senior Pastor – East Hanover Church of God – Grantville, PA – ERC
The East Hanover Church of God is searching for a part-time pastor. Ideally, the person who becomes our pastor must be certain that he or she is led by God to our small congregation of approximately 20 people per Sunday.
We are looking for a person with the ability and desire to teach and preach God’s Holy Word accurately, not avoiding any undesirable topic. We prefer expository or textual sermons but are open to different techniques of preaching as long as they are Biblically-centered. We desire a person who has a strong and unwavering conviction that the Bible is the inspired Word of God without error and who preaches sermons to support the major doctrines and theological teachings contained in it. We are looking for an individual who is personable and friendly. Our hope is that our pastor would come to truly care for and love the people in the congregation and be willing to visit the homebound, hospitalized and those that call upon him or her for prayer and support.
We are a relaxed congregation that enjoys the old hymns and a traditional worship service, but we are open to new ideas and experiences. We typically do not have activities apart from the Sunday service, a prayer gathering once a month, and occasional luncheons. However, we are seeking a pastor who is able and willing to provide strong Biblical and practical guidance along with support and encouragement to spiritually qualified individuals who feel called to start new activities such as a youth Bible study or outreach projects to the surrounding community. We are always willing to listen and discuss new ideas and desire a pastor who is open to sharing his or her thoughts and ideas with us.
We do not want this to just be another job for our pastor. We want our pastor and their family to become part of our family of God that supports one another, including the pastor!
We are located at 1504 Mountain Road, Grantville, PA 17028 and we look forward to meeting you.
If interested please email resume to Pastor George Jensen at or send a hard copy to:
Pastor George Jensen
Enola Church of God
9 Sherwood Drive
Enola, PA 17025
P/T Youth Leader – Camp Hill Church of God, Camp Hill, PA – ERC
This position would involve approximately 8 to 10 hours a week mostly on Sunday mornings and evenings. It would also involve preparing lessons and activities for our youth between sixth and twelfth grades. It also may involve some driving of the church van. Please contact David DeHart with questions and to apply.
Missions Employment Opportunities
CGGC Global Reach Ministries continues to seek missionary candidates to fill a variety of requests from the field. For more information about these opportunities, please contact GR Director Ben Tobias ( or 419-424-1961).
Download Global Reach Application form.
- Pastoral Advisor to serve as Director of Project Help-Haiti (PHH). This individual would provide pastoral connections between the Hait Conference, PHH, and Global Reach, as well as creating and teaching at a pastoral/leadership institute with the assistance of the Haiti Conference and Global Reach/PHH.
Kenya (Embu area)
- Teacher/mentor to pastors and teachers. A person with economic development experience is desirable.
Bangladesh (Dhaka area)
- Professor to teach at College of Christian Theology Bangladesh. The CGGC is a founding partner in this institution. A doctoral degree is required (minimum 4 years commitment).