Job - F/T Senior Pastor – Shippensburg First Church of God
The Shippensburg First Church of God is a traditional congregation seeking a lead pastor to help us move forward. We invite you to prayerfully consider being our next senior pastor. We welcome your questions as you read through this profile and thoughtfully consider our church. You can rest assured that we will hold your information in the utmost confidence as you seek to discern God's call in your life.
A full job description can be found here: Job Description PDF
Application can be found here: Application PDF. A complete application be turned in via email at: j . The application deadline is June 15th, 2022.
We believe God is preparing a lead pastor for us who is:
- A person with spiritual and emotional maturity and security in his relationship with Christ who has the capacity to assume long-term responsibility for the spiritual welfare of a group of believers.
- A person who is an excellent communicator, who fervently proclaims the truth of God's word, both for the edification of God's people and the winning of the lost.
- A servant leader, motivated by God's grace, who has personal humility and accurate self-awareness, who seeks relational peace, and has wisdom in conflict resolution and mediation.
- A person with a shepherd's heart, who cares for people both inside and outside the church, who engages relationally and fosters hospitality and genuine fellowship.
- A person who encourages collaboration, seeks the wisdom of peers, and draws on the gifts of others to find solutions.
- A person who has the spiritual ability to lead the development of a vision and the communication and planning skills to organize people around it.
Address: Shippensburg First Church of God 121 East King Street Shippensburg, Pennsylvania 17257
Who We Are
The Shippensburg First Church of God is a Christ-centered congregation located in the town of Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. We seek to preach and teach Scriptural truth to deepen the faith of believers, join God in advancing His kingdom, and become disciples who make disciples. We are a pastor and missionary-producing church.
Settled in the 1730s, Shippensburg is located in the scenic Cumberland Valley of South Central Pennsylvania. Shippensburg is known for its balance of industry, agriculture, and education. The town is the home of Shippensburg University, a state university with well-regarded business, education, and liberal arts programs as well as a performing arts center. The Cumberland Valley Rail Trail runs through Shippensburg and many people enjoy the easy access to state parks and natural areas for hiking and picnicking. The town has a rural spirit and an active fairground.
Job - F/T Director/Pastor of Student and Young Adult Ministry – College First Church of God
1) Cover Letter
Send all of the above via email to Lead Pastor, Brandon Kelly, at
Job - P/T Pastor –Red Hill Church of God, Newport, PA -ERC
Part-time Pastor (20-25 hours per week). The Red Hill Church of God in Newport, PA is a church that is 175-years-old. We are a small but strong and faithful congregation whose mission statement is to lead people into a personal relationship with God. Our congregation is looking for a practical and relevant Preacher/Teacher that God has chosen to lead us in Sunday Worship Service and Wednesday night Bible Study. The candidate must have a heart for evangelism and would be willing to participate in the Church’s outreach programs at our local Canal Day event and the Perry County Fair. The appropriate candidate would be willing to be licensed or ordained and approved for ministry by the Eastern Regional Conference of the Churches of God, General Conference.
Interested parties should contact:
Pastor George Jensen
Job - F/T Director/Pastor of Kids and Family Ministry - College First Church of God, Findlay, OH - GLC
College First Church of God of Findlay, OH is hiring its next Director/Pastor of Kids and Family Ministry.
The role of the Director of Kids and Family Ministry is to oversee the connection, mission, and discipleship strategy of kids (Birth through 5th Grade) and families at College First Church of God.
A full job description, as well as information on how to apply, can be found at: https://collegefirst.org/job-listings.
Questions can be sent to
College First Church of God
1100 North Main Street |
Findlay, OH 45839 419.422.7365 |
CGGC Pension Administrator
PENSION ADMINISTRATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
To oversee the pension plan's operation and promote the plan to pastors and congregations.
General knowledge of retirement plans and financial reporting systems. Willingness to learn clergy tax law. Willingness to travel. Desire to encourage others to participate in the plan. Ability to speak on behalf of the board, interpreting board policy. Accounting certification is not required.
1. Oversee all office and business operations and pension staff.
2. Annually visit and promote the pension plan in the four largest regional conferences with contacts in other conferences as time permits.
3. Review retirement options with each active member around age 60.
4. Meet with prospective members in ministry or under care of conference credentialing commissions.
5. Respond to individual inquiries on a one-to-one or group basis.
6. Participate in WTS polity class biennially.
7. Provide appropriate resources, and consult or communicate as needed with attorney, actuarial advisors, and
8. Monitor activity of investment advisors and traders, and report to board.
9. Provide reports of pension plan to the Administrative Council and the General Conference in session.
10. Identify and circulate suitable promotional materials and/or electronic newsletters for members and
congregations including tax law and financial planning strategies.
11. Resource the board with materials, significant trends in pensions, and educational opportunities.
12. Oversee computer and technical support to provide adequate records and efficient financial operations.
13. Oversee rollovers or other unusual financial transactions related to pensions.
14. Maintain a system of internal control including approval of invoices for payment, reconciliation of bank
statements, and review and approval of financial statements.
15. Prepare annual budget for board consideration.
16. Implement and maintain policies and procedures as directed by the board.
17. Be responsible for the accounting system, participants' data, and appropriate financial reporting.
18. Other duties as may be assigned by the board.
Attend executive committee meetings as invited and all board meetings.
Approximately 200-250 hours per year, of which not less than half will be spent in field representation, promotion and/or service-related activities. Travel days may be grouped together.
Training & Support
Reading materials and workshops are encouraged as underwritten by the budget.
Attendance at the annual pension conference is encouraged.
Remuneration as established by the executive committee plus budgeted expenses.
Indefinite, with an annual review as delegated by the Board. Termination may be made by either party with 60-day notice.
Accountable to board's executive committee.
*Applications will be received until the position is filled but are best submitted by March 1, 2022.
Questions or suggestions may be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee, Pastor William H. Reist, 700 E. Melrose Ave, Findlay, OH 45840; ; (419) 957-2661.
F/T Senior Pastor – Kingwood Church of God, Markleton, PA - ARC
Kingwood Posting for Lead Pastor/Senior Pastor Located in the Laurel Highlands, the Kingwood Church of God’s mission is to Glorify God, love people, believe Biblically, and love community. They are currently averaging 140 worship attenders in two services and 200 in Sunday School and mid-week services as well as a sizable online presence. This growing and active congregation has an impactful presence through worship and outreach which includes a converted elementary school into a second campus. They are seeking an experienced lead pastor who will continue their legacy of solid Biblical preaching, teaching, and empowering staff and ministry leaders.
Please direct all inquiries to Pastor Fred Bauer:
F/T Senior Pastor – Mount Pleasant Church of God, Mt. Pleasant, PA - ARC
The Mount Pleasant Church of God, located in Southwestern Pennsylvania, forty-five miles southeast of Pittsburgh is engaged in a search for God's choice of a Senior Pastor to lead and engage the Church in looking forward, leading others to Christ, and reaching out to the town and surrounding communities. Please contact Pastor Fred Bauer, Chairman Pastoral Guidance Commission, Allegheny Region Conference, for any inquiries: Fred Bauer
F/T Senior Pastor – Grange Church of God, Punxsutawney, PA - ARC
Grange Church of God is currently praying for the Pastor that God is preparing to come and minister to our congregation and surrounding community. We are located in a rural setting about 15 minutes from Punxsutawney, PA. We are seeking a Pastor with the following skills: preach the inspired Word of God in simple, yet meaningful, weekly messages; relate to all ages – child through adult; visit in homes, hospitals, etc. as needed; and, counsel within their scope of expertise, when necessary. In addition, we are looking for an experienced and spiritually led Pastor who is interested in becoming involved in the life of our church family. We have a dedicated church council and congregation that will assist in various functions of leadership and ministry, but our team is not complete without a Pastor. We trust if God is prompting you to answer the call, He has blessings in store for you and your family as you serve Him on our behalf.
Please contact Fred Bauer for more information:
P/T Pastor – Goldsboro Church of God, Etters, PA – ERC
Goldsboro Church of God seeks part-time Pastor: The Goldsboro Church of God, 103 West Broadway, Etters, Pa in York County, is seeking a part-time (20-25 hours a week) pastor. With an average attendance of 35 to 40, the church seeks a pastor who has a strong Biblical knowledge and be able and willing to counsel and reach into the community to make the presence of the Goldsboro Church meaningful. The Pastor will be available for Sunday morning service, plan and execute special services, administer the ordinances of communion and feet washing, perform baptisms, baby dedications, weddings, and funerals. The prospective candidate should have ministerial experience and have initiated ministry opportunities. The appropriate candidate must be willing to be licensed or ordained and approved for ministry by the Eastern Regional Conference of the Churches of God, General Conference. Interested candidates should send an electronic copy of a cover letter and resume, including at least three pastoral related references, to Pastor George Jensen at
F/T Senior Pastor – East Harrison Street Church of God, Charleston, IL – MRC
The East Harrison Street Church of God is seeking applicants for a full-time senior pastor position.
Our church is located in Charleston, Illinois, a vibrant college town, home to Eastern Illinois University and Lake Land community college just a short distance away. Our church's mission statement is, "A great commitment to the great commandment and the great commission will grow a great church." With that in mind, the ideal candidate would need to possess a strong preaching style with a caring, loving heart, be Biblically sound, and have a willingness to reach out into our community. The main duties of this position are providing leadership and developing a long-term vision for the church. Other duties include performing weddings and funerals, hospital and in-home visitation, counseling for those in need and those seeking marriage, promoting unity within the church, and performing the ordinances of the church; communion, foot-washing, etc. Interested applicants should provide a resume that includes education history, ministry credentials, pastoral experience, and three references.
All packets will be kept in strict confidence.
Please send electronically if possible to
or mail to the church at 17996 Harrison Street Road, Charleston IL, 61920
F/T Pastor of Discipleship – Hanover First Church of God, Hanover, PA -ERC
- A personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A lifestyle that reflects ongoing growth in Christ-likeness and the Fruit of the Spirit.
- Giftedness in evangelism.
- A genuine love for people and the ability to relate to individuals from all different life stages and walks of life.
- Commitment to ongoing development in the area of discipleship and evangelism.
- Develop a strategy for HFCOG’s Group Ministry to be the primary avenue for the assimilation and spiritual growth of new and current attendees. This strategy will include the continuous launch of new groups, as well as recruiting, training, and empowering group leaders so that they are personally growing and reproducing themselves in future leaders.
- Oversee the Next Steps Team which serves to help people take the next step in their relationship with God and assimilate into our church community. Steps include but are not limited to: Starting Point Class, Baptism, Groups, Partnership, Serving, and Giving.
- Ensure quality teaching at all spiritual growth courses (baptism class, foundations class, partnership class, starting point class, etc).
- Develop a strategy for implementing our vision of connecting people in our community to an authentic relationship with Jesus.
- Work with the communications director to market groups and creatively communicate stories of life-change and transformation.
- Assist with the preaching ministry of HFCOG as assigned by the Lead Pastor and other duties/responsibilities as may occasionally be assigned by the Lead Pastor or the Elders.
- A genuine love for God and others exhibited through an authentic, Christ-centered lifestyle.
- Must meet the New Testament expectations for the office of elder as laid out in Acts 14:23; I Tim 3:1-7, 5:17; Titus 1:4-9; I Peter 5:1-11.
- Must be in full agreement with the doctrine of the Churches of God, General Conference.
- Must be in full agreement with the mission and vision of HFCOG.
- Exhibit skills in leadership and team-building.
- Exhibit vision, passion, and execution in the development of discipleship ministry.
- A bachelor's degree in discipleship or a related ministry field is preferred. Seminary experience is a plus but not a requirement.
- If not currently credentialed by Churches of God General Conference, he/she must successfully pass a theological exam conducted by the Eastern Region Conference Churches of God Commission on Credentialing and Placement.
- Must complete all required clearances and background checks as required by HFCOG and the state of Pennsylvania.
To apply, please send a resume, your personal philosophy of discipleship ministry, at least 3 references and your statement of faith to
F/T Worship Director/Pastor – Hanover First Church of God (HFCOG) Hanover, PA -ERC
Hanover First Church of God (HFCOG) is seeking a full-time worship director. The worship director will be responsible for overseeing the worship ministries of HFCOG. The qualified candidate will have a heart for worship and a strong desire to help others engage with God through worship as well.
Cast and communicate a vision of corporate worship in all age categories – Children, Youth and Adults – to the congregation.
Assemble and lead a team/teams composed of those gifted in the area of worship ministry.
Schedule and provide leadership for weekly rehearsals.
Provide education/training for the worship team members to enhance the use of their gifts.
Willing to explore new ideas for corporate worship.
Oversee and/or develop the various Worship and Creative Arts teams (e.g. worship teams, drama teams, choirs, ensembles, etc.) and technical teams (sound, video, lighting, staging, etc.).
Establish standards for worship initiatives and oversee evaluation against those standards to identify progress in achieving the vision.
Oversee the development of the Sunday morning worship services in cooperation with the Lead Pastor and worship/tech teams.
Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
A skilled musician. (Play guitar or piano, lead vocalist, create new music arrangements, etc.)
Has an enthusiastic presence for creating and promoting a vibrant worship culture.
Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
A self-starter and able to work independently.
A team player with a positive attitude.
Ability to communicate, lead, and engage with the congregation from a stage setting; frequently leads corporate worship from the stage.
Ability to think theologically for choosing/arranging/writing music that accurately reflects the teachings of Scripture.
Ability to help the worship ministry team members grow in an authentic relationship with Christ.
An understanding of the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, ProPresenter, and video projection is preferred.
A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
Training/education in Worship Arts Ministry; preferably a four-year music/worship degree.
Demonstrated ability to play at least one musical instrument, and having a solo quality voice.
*To apply, please send the following to
Statement of Faith
Philosophy of worship ministry
2 personal and 1 professional reference
A video or link to a video of you leading worship
P/T - F/T Pastor – Boiling Springs Church of God, Decatur, IL – MRC
Job Opening Boiling Springs Church of God
Boiling Springs Church of God, Decatur, Illinois, is seeking a God-called, Christ-centered Pastor. The ideal candidate is someone who is approachable, compassionate, reliable, enthusiastic, positive, motivated and energetic. He or she must be able to lead by word and example, must communicate clearly and effectively, must be interested and involved in outreach, and must be excited to lead us and help us build upon our vision and mission. In addition, he or she must be able to deliver Bible-based messages that accurately convey Biblical truths. Please electronically send your current cover letter, resume, church membership, ministerial credentials, education, employment history and three references with contact information to . For answers to questions or for more information you may also call Pastor Travis at (260) 244-4042. The deadline for applications is September 1, 2021 or 90 days from date of posting, whichever is later. However, interviews may begin as applications are received. All packets will be considered in full confidence.
BOILING SPRINGS CHURCH OF GOD
The pastor shall serve as the chief under-shepherd and overseer of this local church, feeding, leading and nurturing the sheep. This person’s main responsibilities will be to communicate God’s Word, minister to spiritual needs and provide biblical leadership for the church.
ACCOUNTABLE TO God, Leadership Team
MINISTRY TARGET Congregation, Community
MINIMUM MATURITY LEVEL Stable, mature Christian
AREA OF GREATEST NEED Leader – Careful listener – Good communicator – Experienced in teaching and/or preaching – Trained and/or experienced in
counseling – Experienced in leading others to Christ – Able to keep confidences
BEST PERSONALITY TRAITS Expressive, caring, genuine, compassionate
PASSION FOR Christ, shepherding and equipping others for ministry, influencing the community for Christ, outreach
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENTS
- Anticipate 20-30 hours per week to start with potential to work into full time.
- Provide leadership and vision for the church. Direct plans for ministry and church growth based on the vision of the church.
- Motivate, equip and nurture the people of the church through example, preaching and teaching God’s Word and through spiritual counseling.
- Spend significant time in prayer and Bible study.
- Contact/visit hospitalized, shut-in or grieving church members and attendees.
- Officiate at weddings and funerals.
- Provide premarital counseling, counseling regarding salvation and spiritual issues and other counseling for church members and attendees as appropriate and as time permits.
- Perform ordinances such as Communion, baptism and feet washing.
- Oversee church discipline and manage conflict in the church in a Biblical manner. Seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
- Participate in evangelism efforts through preaching and giving invitations during worship services, revival or other special services, visitation and other outreach efforts.
P/T 8:15 Worship Leader – Grand Point Church (GPC), Chambersburg, PA -ERC
8:15 Worship Leader – Chambersburg Campus
Grand Point Church (GPC) in Chambersburg, PA, is seeking a part-time Worship Leader to lead its 8:15 a.m. worship service at the Chambersburg Campus. The candidate should be passionate about leading others as they take their next steps in their journey to find and follow Jesus!
Reporting directly to the Director of Worship Ministries, the 8:15 Worship Leader for GPC-Chambersburg will lead with an inspiring energy, who preserves, yet enhances, the 8:15 a.m. worship service atmosphere, and who helps to bring people into the presence of God. This role will be responsible for planning and coordinating a traditional-style service that is in keeping with the pastor’s messages and/or various observances by working with the Lead Pastor, staff, instrumentalists, and audio-visual team.
Grand Point Church is a growing church with two established campuses and another campus scheduled to launch in September. We have more than 20 full-time staff and over 770 volunteers serving in various ministry capacities guided by our four values: We value God’s truth more than our opinions; we value God’s people more than our programs; we value God’s plan more than our plans; and we value God’s mission more than our comfort.
The 8:15 Worship Leader for the Chambersburg Campus will be responsible for the following:
- Lead Worship for 8:15 Worship Service at the Chambersburg Campus: This role will be responsible for:
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating, and leading worship in the 8:15 a.m. worship service.
- Leading the congregation in singing a fair mix of hymns and new worship music.
- Providing guidance in the development and implementation of the highest quality worship possible by recruiting, developing, and scheduling the wide variety of vocal and instrumental talent in the church to assist in leading the worship services and/or as stand-alone worship service openings.
- Working directly with the orchestra for scheduling, orchestration, and rehearsals.
- Directing or recruiting a leader for an occasional worship choir.
- Collaborating with the pastor and/or staff in the selection of hymns and special music.
- Preparing the worship order by using Planning Center to share service details with pastor and other worship leaders, as well as and participants, in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the church staff, planning and implementing the music for special services, such as Christmas Eve, Worship Nights, Maundy Thursday, etc.
- Creating lyric slides of the hymns for ProPresenter each Sunday (unless otherwise designated to another staff member.)
- Working with current technical advisor/coordinator in ensuring that we have audio/video (ProPresenter) technicians for each service.
- Attending weekly meetings to evaluate and plan the worship services.
- Developing and administering any budgetary needs for the 8:15 service.
- Team Collaboration: Each member of the GPC staff will work as a team to accomplish the mission of Grand Point Church. This may include duties outside the normal realm of their position but are imperative to the fulfillment of our objectives as a whole.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant information directly to Tammy Bock, Executive Assistant, at: .
P/T Senior Pastor – East Hanover Church of God – Grantville, PA – ERC
The East Hanover Church of God is searching for a part-time pastor. Ideally, the person who becomes our pastor must be certain that he or she is led by God to our small congregation of approximately 20 people per Sunday.
We are looking for a person with the ability and desire to teach and preach God’s Holy Word accurately, not avoiding any undesirable topic. We prefer expository or textual sermons but are open to different techniques of preaching as long as they are Biblically-centered. We desire a person who has a strong and unwavering conviction that the Bible is the inspired Word of God without error and who preaches sermons to support the major doctrines and theological teachings contained in it. We are looking for an individual who is personable and friendly. Our hope is that our pastor would come to truly care for and love the people in the congregation and be willing to visit the homebound, hospitalized and those that call upon him or her for prayer and support.
We are a relaxed congregation that enjoys the old hymns and a traditional worship service, but we are open to new ideas and experiences. We typically do not have activities apart from the Sunday service, a prayer gathering once a month, and occasional luncheons. However, we are seeking a pastor who is able and willing to provide strong Biblical and practical guidance along with support and encouragement to spiritually qualified individuals who feel called to start new activities such as a youth Bible study or outreach projects to the surrounding community. We are always willing to listen and discuss new ideas and desire a pastor who is open to sharing his or her thoughts and ideas with us.
We do not want this to just be another job for our pastor. We want our pastor and their family to become part of our family of God that supports one another, including the pastor!
We are located at 1504 Mountain Road, Grantville, PA 17028 and we look forward to meeting you.
If interested please email resume to Pastor George Jensen at or send a hard copy to:
Pastor George Jensen
Enola Church of God
9 Sherwood Drive
Enola, PA 17025
P/T Youth Leader – Camp Hill Church of God, Camp Hill, PA – ERC
This position would involve approximately 8 to 10 hours a week mostly on Sunday mornings and evenings. It would also involve preparing lessons and activities for our youth between sixth and twelfth grades. It also may involve some driving of the church van. Please contact David DeHart with questions and to apply.
Missions Employment Opportunities
CGGC Global Reach Ministries continues to seek missionary candidates to fill a variety of requests from the field. For more information about these opportunities, please contact GR Director Ben Tobias ( or 419-424-1961).
Download Global Reach Application form.
Kenya (Embu area)
- Teacher/mentor to pastors and teachers. A person with economic development experience is desirable.
Bangladesh (Dhaka area)
- Professor to teach at College of Christian Theology Bangladesh. The CGGC is a founding partner in this institution. A doctoral degree is required (minimum 4 years commitment).