*Please read carefully before applying via the forms at the bottom of this page.
Parents/Guardians of all applicants under the age of 18 will need to download and fill out the consent form above. This form needs to be signed, scanned and ready to upload in the application below. Please do this before starting the application.
*Minor children are not permitted to participate on out-of-country ACTS Teams, unless a legal guardian is also on the team to accompany them.
Serving others through the ACTS Team ministry can be a life-changing experience. We whole-heartedly believe that God will use your loving acts of service to bless, encourage and change the lives of those whom you serve through the ACTS Team ministry. Likewise, it is our prayer that God would use this ministry to change your life through the experience of serving others in a cross-cultural setting.
Each ACTS Team Member must be active in a local church congregation, be of sound Christian character and good mental health, be supportive of the ministries of the Churches of God, General Conference, be willing to submit to the discipline of the Churches of God, General Conference and have some demonstrated skill in Christian ministry and leadership.
To reserve your spot on the ACTS Team of your choice, you will need to complete the confirmation form along with a non-refundable deposit of $100.00 payable to CGGC (the deposit will be deducted from your total balance due). Upon approval, you will receive an acceptance email containing a link to the confirmation form, a sample fund-raising letter and reproducible donor cards (which will allow our office to properly credit your account as gifts are received). Donors will be able to donate towards your trip online this year. You will be responsible for raising the remaining balance which will be due no later than 30 days before the departure of your trip.
If you decide to cancel your trip after submitting a confirmation form, we will not be able to issue a refund of the funds received for your account (as tax-deductible receipts are issued for each gift received). All airline tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The cost of your trip includes all transportation expenses (airfare, airport tax, rental vehicles, fuel, etc.) from Findlay, OH (or another designated meeting point) to the mission site, transportation on the mission site, and transportation from the mission site back to Findlay, OH (or other designated meeting point). You are responsible for your transportation to and from Findlay, OH (or other designated meeting point). The cost also includes all meals during the trip, tips, housing, supplies, materials, and typically one side trip or sightseeing excursion (when possible). Except for the New Mexico trip, all other ACTS teams require you to obtain a passport to travel out of the country. This will be an extra expense and is your responsibility. Begin this process as soon as possible!! *Minor children are not permitted to participate on out-of-country ACTS Teams unless a legal guardian is also on the team to accompany them
If you have questions about this application or any other information about the ACTS Team ministry, please contact the CGGC office at 419-424-1961. We look forward to serving with you!
- Download and sign the Parental Consent form (link at top of page). Scan & have it ready to upload before continuing to step 3.
- Select two individuals to complete your reference forms. One of which must be a pastor from your church. Once you have successfully submitted the application form below, you will receive an email containing a
link to the online reference form to send your references. The reference forms MUST be completed by the person serving as your personal reference.
- Have a recent photo of the applicant ready to upload when prompted.
- Fill out the Application for Minors, (below). Have the applicant's photo & signed consent form ready to upload.
- Your application will not be processed until all the application materials, (completed application form, photo, parental consent form, and two references) have been received-so please stress a timely return with the individuals serving as your personal references.
- All application materials should be received no later than April 1, 2023 (Feb. 15 for Nicaragua Trip). All teams are limited in size and team assignments will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.